I headed over to Lassen's the other day and picked up some Xylitol. I swear, I could spent HOURS looking at all of the cool health products offered there. Much of it is too expensive for me (college kid budget here!) but luckily it doesn't cost me to look ;)
I am all about Xylitol now! I made some raspberry lemon protein bars the other day and all I tasted was "sweet"! No weird after taste and I felt great about using it. Here's why I choose Xylitol over all other sweeteners:
- No weird after taste (obviously my highest priority!)
- Our body actually produces xylitol itself so I'm not putting something in that my body has never been exposed to before.
- You may have heard of this word "xylitol" before because it's in sugar-free gum! It prevents bacteria from sticking to teeth therefore it indirectly helps fight cavities. Bye bye plaque!
- Research has shown that xylitol helps "build immunity, protect against chronic disease and has anti-aging benefits."
- "While Xylitol is just as sweet as table sugar (sucrose), it has about 40% fewer calories and 75% fewer carbohydrates." Another one of my priorities!
For even more benefits of Xylitol explained check out this website!